Tuesday, October 25, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: Tera Melos-Untitled


This is fun. With the release of Tera Melos' debut LP on vinyl, its almost like going back to the future. I love this album, but better yet, I love how Tera Melos never changed the band that they were, even after losing two members. They never quit the name, or after Vince Rogers(drummer) left the band, quitting completely. Instead a myspace bulletin was posted by the two constants, being Nick Reinhart guitarist and bassist Nathan Latona, and 6 months later John Clardy was born, er joined the band. Well anyway...This album is dizzying in honestly. Melody 8, ah, good ol' Melody 8. NOISE! ITS NOISE! Though I am all for noise I don't believe it is everyone's cup of tea. But other than that, its a great jammed out instrumental math rock album, with some low mixed vocals on Melody's 2 and 7. The album also has pretty aggressive edge. Melody 5 really has that good mix of and heavy and math? Yeah, heavy and math. I also have to touch on Melody 6...The best track on the whole album in my personal opinion, just...Listen to it. All in all, I love this album and the fact that Sargent House was smart enough to put it out on vinyl makes me happy. Broz.
I give this album thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment