Hello dear applicant, the following is intended as a guide to help you. If you follow these guidelines and your project doesn't suck, we'll consider inclusion of your music on the blog.
1. We prefer sites like Soundcloud, Bandcamp, and YouTube. Do not send us only a link to download your music as it's much easier to check submissions by streaming them. Using the aforementioned sites also helps us by allowing us to embed your song into a post should we choose to include it on the blog. We do not recommend sending us links to sites like Myspace Music or ReverbNation as we find those sites cumbersome to use and irrelevant.
2. Suggest 1 or 2 songs in particular for our contributors to sample. It's not very likely anyone is going to listen to an entire full length just because you sent it to us. We need to be able to sample your music and make an informed decision whether or not it's something we wish to include. Please send us a link to your album or EP as well, but always suggest a track in particular for easy consumption.
3. Include a press kit and/or any information on your band or label with your submission. It makes it easier for us to be able to give our readers some background. We also require a picture of some kind from you, even if it's just the art for your album. If you have a website, please send it our way.
4. Be patient and do not flood our inbox. We may be a newer blog but we still get enough submissions to keep us busy. Assume that if we haven't written about your project after a month or two that it wasn't for us. Don't take it personally and move on to the next blog. We get multiple submissions daily and it often gets overwhelming. You may have a better chance by poking around the site and seeing if your project might appeal to any of us in particular and trying us on twitter.
5. Feel free to submit anything that you feel is interesting enough for a post; while YPOIW focuses on music we're open to posting about any and all subjects.
Where to submit:
Alternatively, you can find us on Facebook and Twitter, or submit directly to our Soundcloud Dropbox.
For all other inquiries you can also contact most of us on Twitter, or use any of the aforementioned contact methods mentioned above.
Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr)
Jack Hayter (@gonnahayt)
Josh Custodio (@J05HC)
Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey)
Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis)
Nick Weber (@Testiclops)
Robby Beck (@ClydeNut)
Steve Jones (@vestenet)
TJ Duane (@dallasshaldune)