Friday, October 28, 2011

Random FUCKING Thoughts #1



Alright, so this is my first weekly feature here on YPOIW, in which I don't think of anything before blogging and don't stop writing until I hit publish. I really have no idea how this is going to work, and I'm not sure I care... I got you to read it didn't I?

Thought 1:
I guess I'll start it off with some TV Talk, just because I grew up in the 90s and it still seems like it still controls my life in so many ways. Specifically, I want to talk about The Walking Dead and how I feel it's finally starting to come into it's own in season 2. I didn't exactly consider myself a huge fan of the 1st season, but so far this 2nd season seems more focused on the characters and less focused on the ridiculous situation they find themselves in. The Season 2 premiere really gripped me, but the 2nd episode was even better... that scene with Rick running through the field carrying his son? Oh Man!

Also, last night I watched the first new episode of Beavis & Butthead in 14 years and I have to say the episode completely lived up to the hype. I'm just so glad that Mike Judge is back where he belongs at the helm of that show. I felt a huge amount of nostalgia watching it last night, it really felt like the same show. I LOVED the joke that Beavis made during the video of MGMT's Kids that he'd read more if there was fire behind the words, it was just classic.

Thought 2:
Sometimes when I'm out in public I can sense when someone is going to ask me for money and I change my route or avoid eye contact to try to evade them. Sometimes it works, other times these panhandlers practically tackle you. "oh you know what... I'm sorry I can't give you money today because I..... RAN AWAY".

Thought 3:
I listened to the new Real Estate LP last night, I wasn't really a fan of their first album but I liked this new one a lot more. It just seemed... chill (via balmaseda). I really loved that I could easily decipher the lyrics this time and I just can't deny some of these pop jams. I'm usually way too cynical to approve of music like this, but I can't in this case. Good Album.

Thought 4:
Thomas Vanek is a motherfucking Austrian-made hockey playing robot this year. He had 3 assists last night, taking his points total to 7 goals and 7 assists in 9 games. He's currently on pace for 128 points this year, which he probably isn't going to achieve. Lately I've been calling him Tommy Hart on twitter until he proves otherwise. He's my favorite player on the Sabres by a mile and I really think it's a joke he wasn't named captain in the off-season, he's carrying that team right now. He's a very special player, I wish he got a little more recognition as much from his own coach... and holy fuck could you give him some ice time Lindy? THANKS.

Thought 5:
I'm still pretty upset at what happened in Oakland to their Occupy Movement, I don't care where you stand on the whole issue... but people deserve the right to protest. The Oakland PD using riot gear on civilians and shooting people in the face (with rubber bullets and/or tear gas canisters) should not be tolerated, and I really hope whoever approved such measures gets what's coming to them. The youtube video of a police officer shooting tear gas at a group of protesters trying to help an injured man is all you need to see, really. I'm really just a sympathetic supporter of their movement, but violence like this should not be tolerated. That was a major city, those were Americans demonstrating their rights... what a joke.

That's it for this week, stop by every Friday for a little dose of what's on my mind. Kids & Explosions - Small Problems by ThisSongIsDylan

No comments:

Post a Comment