Friday, November 4, 2011

Random Fucking Thoughts #2

Hello everyone, and welcome back to Random Fucking Thoughts. This is my weekly YPOIW feature in which I write a blog without preparing at all, so think of it like improv. I do not think of any topics ahead of time for this, I just write and see what flows out. The idea here is that you'll get a slice of what's going on in my mind at the time of the post. At least in theory anyway, I am bad at this after all. 

Thought 1:
I've been forgetting things a lot lately and it's starting to concern me. Yesterday at work one of my co-workers told me a list of 4 names to call down to the front desk and I forgot 2 of the names no less than 15 seconds later. Later on I was having one of my frequent (and awesome) discussions with a co-worker and I couldn't remember who the lead in the National Lampoon Vacation Series was. Obviously it's Chevy Chase and I watch him weekly on Community. I am an idiot sometimes.

Speaking of Chevy Chase, how great is it that both he and Danny Devito are on amazing sitcoms? I love that they found career renaissances in the world of scripted television. I also just plain love watching them, they're still as great now as they've ever been.

Thought 2:
I really should have prepared to write a blog, what happens when I can't think of anything? I don't want to let all of you down. My loyal fans expect the best from me and I need to deliver. Is this really even the best idea? Am I talented enough of a write to create something interesting without preparation of any kind? I'm leaning towards no, but at least I'm full of energy! Maybe I should write a backup blog entry for times this doesn't go so well.

Thought 3:
I really think Ryan Miller is a good goaltender, but he's starting to bother me as a person (note: not his philanthropy, that's great). You see, when Ryan Miller has a bad game he doesn't do the typical song and dance that other players in the league do. He doesn't assume responsibility for it, which many feel is pandering... and I agree to an extent. The thing about Ryan though, he's dismissive in press conferences. When Ryan Miller is criticized he'll say things like "I don't need to listen to all the shit that's out there from people that don't know how to play goalie".

Recently, he was pulled in 6 minutes after giving up 3 quick goals against the Flyers. Fans began to boo and bronx cheer him for making a save from the blue line after he gave up 2 early. Ryan's response to this after the game was that fans pay money and they can boo if they want, and proceeded to say "whatever". I've also heard conflicting reports that he gave someone in the crowd a 1 finger salute on the bench after he was pulled (note: this is from twitter and I can't confirm it's legitimacy).

Ryan Miller is kind of a jerk.

Thought 4:
I finished the main story of Arkham City and my completion percentage isn't even 30%. I knew going in that it was a huge game, but I don't think I was truly prepared for just how huge. I need to find out if the Nightwing DLC is worth my time and money, but I've got so much content still to play I doubt I'll get to it for quite some time. I remember it being announced that Robin was a playable character but it's not a part of the main game. Rocksteady must be saving it for DLC?

Speaking of  Arkham City, I swear there's a Catwoman costume where you can see her nipples. Someone at Rocksteady just might be a pervert. 

Thought 5:
I read this week that eliminating the $1 bill could save $5.5 BILLION dollars over the next 30 years. I can see no negatives in doing this, and we might as well adopt the Twoonie too. We're stealing all of your ideas, Canada. What's Up?

Thought 6:
I'm afraid to watch the stream of the Death Grips performance at Fun Fun Fun Fest 2011 tomorrow because I'll want to spend a bunch of money I don't have to go see them live. It's a weird feeling rooting for them to play an NYC or Toronto date on a weekend but at the same time hoping they don't because I'm so incredibly broke.

I'm a contradictory motherfucker.

That's it for this week, come back every Friday to see what I'm thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment