Monday, January 28, 2013

HEAVY FRIENDS: Rungs in a Ladder: Jacob Bannon of Converge

(HEAVY FRIENDS is the segment where Robby blurbs on about the latest and greatest in the worlds of underground metal, hardcore, and other forms of heavy music. Today we'll be talking about something a big different though...)


I'm sure it's no secret by now that Converge are easily one of the most important bands to me and one of my favorites in hardcore, metal, metalcore, etc. music. The central figure in the act is vocalist/lyricist/artist Jacob Bannon, and Ian McFarland, director of the fantastic Noisey documentary One Man Metal, put together a 12 minute piece on the Converge frontman. Here, Bannon shows a side of him you don't see in his manic performances on stage; it's an intimate, vulnerable side that many hardcore frontmen would be hesitant to let show. For a hardcore Converge fan like myself it's very moving but it's still a very interesting watch for someone not as familiar or enamored with Bannon's work as I am. Check it out below, and let me know what you think!



(be sure to be a friend and follow Robby on Twitter @ClydeNut)

No comments:

Post a Comment