Wednesday, November 30, 2011

LIST: 6 TERRIFYING Music Videos


I realize that Halloween was a month ago, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy some creepy music videos. Besides, Christmas is easily the scariest holiday if my wallet has any say. It's my favorite month of living in squalor just so I can buy a bunch of people some meaningless crap they don't need for too much money. Merry Christmas everyone!

6. Animal Collective - "Peacebone"
I'm totally cool with Human/Monster relationships. What in the holy fuck is wrong with this chick's tongue though?


5. St. Vincent - "Cruel"
St. Vincent is a terrible abducted mom and she's murdered by the lovely family responsible. This video goes so far I half expect there to be a gruesome rape scene left on the cutting room floor somewhere. Bonus points for the guitar solo in the trunk. WHO GAVE HER THE GUITAR DAMMIT?


4. MGMT - "Kids"
I'll just go with Beavis & Butthead and echo the sentiment that the mother of this child is a terrible mom. I'm scared of half the things in this video and I KNOW they're fake.


3. tUnE-yArDs - "Gangsta"
Even though nothing all that scary is going on in this video, the black and white coloration combined with the frantic cuts make me anxious. It's almost perfect horror pacing on complete accident. The director of this video is actually George Romero (at least in my mind). My fear of this video has absolutely nothing to do with Merrill's alleged mustache.


2. Radiohead - "There, There"
Thom Yorke goes on a solo journey through the woods and encounters so many things that could kill him without even trying. It's all fun and games until he pisses off some crows, starts running away and TURNS INTO A FUCKING TREE. Also, if you're looking for true terror... go listen to Hail to the Thief.


1. Ratatat - "Drugs"
What. The. Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment