Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WHATEVER WEDNESDAY: What's fresh


Right now I'm feeling like I'm at a pretty stagnant part of my life. Of course, this comes at a time where I'm also feeling musically stagnant as well. While my personal life isn't so easily remedied, the music is an easy fix. I've been a bit bored with all of the music I have, and I don't really have the energy or motivation to start exploring new avenues and genres. Fortunately, I have stumbled across a few bands that are doing really completely awesome things, and they're keeping it fresh for me. I don't really feel like rambling on and on about some bullshit you won't read like I usually do, so tonight I'm going to keep it short, keep it fresh.


Comity
These dudes are fucking serious. I can't' describe them any better than how they are on their website, so here's that. "Fear of musical routine. Will of pushing back boundaries with a classical rock instrumentation. Astounding violence executed in one of the most distinguished ways. Incredibly meticulous attention to detail. With so much selection criteria, very few could pull this all off whilst harnessing a consistent sound. And if there's one band that has always sweat blood and water to access there in the midst of bands like Starkweather, Breach, Today Is The Day, Neurosis, Oxbow and Converge, then it's without a doubt COMITY." Download their new album for as much or little as you want to pay. This is one of the best releases in extreme music this year.


Sore Eyelids
I've never heard these guys before, I know next to nothing about them. Blown out, shoegazey skramz from Sweden. I've been stuck on this song for days now. Sore Eyelids is yet more proof that the swedes make the best music in the world. If this song (live, by the way) is any indication, I'm positive the new full length (TBA) is going to have a very special place in my library.


Young And In The Way
From the name, I'd expect some youth-crew posi hardcore, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Blackened sludge with a heavy dose of crust. Heck yep.



Loma Prieta
The best minute I've spent in a while. Grind your fucking face off. New album on the horizon.

-Nick Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment