Monday, June 4, 2012

STREAM: Cold Warps - Slimer 7"


If you know me at all, you'll know that I have a love affair with Canadian music. Specifically music from the east coast of Canada because that's where I grew up and listening to music from there kind of brings me back home.That might be the reason that I love this new Cold Warps 7" so much, or it could just be because the songs on it are awesome.

Cold Warps are 4 piece band haling from Ottawa/Halifax who make some really catchy and fun sounding garage pop. There aren't really any frills here to speak of because they aren't necessary at all, what you see is what you get with this group.

The record is being released on Fundog Records, which is a label started by one of my favourite Canadian bands, Dog Day. I already have my 7" and I have to say that the quality is immaculate. The sleeve is screen printed by hand and the 7" itself comes on slime green coloured vinyl.

So if you dig these songs I'd urge you to pick up this 7", it's definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment