Sunday, September 9, 2012

WEEK IN REVIEW: September 9th, 2012


Week In Review is the feature where Kyle (that's me!) goes over current events in music and beyond. It's pretty much the only news post on this blog and as such it is both the best and worst written news you'll read here. You can follow me on Twitter here if you feel so inclined. I promise daily opinions on a whole buffet of topics you don't care about at all.

--

*Pitchfork has given the new Animal Collective album Centipede Hz a 7.4 and thoroughly shocked the internet. If you woke up on Tuesday and didn't know if you were in a different universe where Animal Collective isn't the world's best band any more... you're not alone. We can get through this... together. In other news: I still like this record and Ian Cohen hates fat people.



*I've never heard of Detroit producer House Shoes before coming across this brand new song and video featuring Danny Brown, but I do know that it's awesome and you should watch it. Has Danny Brown ever disappointed in a single guest spot in his life?



*The National opened for president Obama in Iowa, that's pretty cool right?


*This is the awkward part of the post where I ran out of noteworthy music related news. I sincerely apologize for that and I hope the next WIR is a bit more substantial. The problem with this post is that I absolutely refuse to post anything unless it interests me in some way, as such some weeks you're going to get very little or no post at all. We should have a new Death Grips track to talk about next week so that'll be exciting, look forward to that! Have fun watching football tomorrow if you're a real American.



No comments:

Post a Comment