Friday, November 30, 2012

TRACK: Stepson - "Move Tit"


As some of you might know, I really liked the last El-P album Cancer 4 Cure, and after all these months I still think it's fantastic. One of the most memorable moments of the record is when El brought on Nick Diamonds from Islands and The Unicorns fame to sing on the track "Stay Down"; Diamonds sings a gorgeous hook, and it made it one of the defining moments of the album to me. Now, much to my excitement, the duo has teamed up once again for a new project entitled Stepson. We only have one taste of music thus far, and truthfully I'm kind of underwhelmed; it seems the production is almost in demo mode and there's nothing about the track that really stands out or soars the way "Stay Down" did. Also no El-P verse. *sadface*

But like I said, I assume this project in general is just in demo mode at the moment, and I'm sure if we get official material from this collaboration by next year, it'll sound much better and more developed. In the meantime, check out "Move Tit" via SoundCloud below, and check out the video for the original collab between El-P and Nick Diamonds, "Stay Down".






(Oh yeah, here's the new Twitter account for Stepson @therealSTEPSON. And here's mine too @ClydeNut)

No comments:

Post a Comment