Saturday, January 7, 2012

TRACK: of Montreal's "Dour Percentage"


of Montreal is releasing a new trippy, sex-bending album called Paralytic Stalks on Feb. 7, and it is bound to be a doozy. Based off of the first two officially released tracks, the prog-country take "Wintered Debts" and now the flute-laden new single "Dour Perentage," it will be as weird as ever.

Needless to say I love what I've heard so far. of Montreal is one of the most ambitious bands around and when I hear Kevin Barnes list Sufjan Stevens' latest LP, Age of Adz, as his biggest inspiration for the artistic direction, my excitement grows exponentially.

Stream the track here:

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling this is going to be the best thing they've done since Hissing Fauna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. I like the albums between, but I want something to match or even surpass Hissing Fauna.

    ReplyDelete