Tuesday, March 6, 2012

WRUB #13: Children's Edition


Tim Harrington of post-hardcore weirdo heroes Les Savy Fav is a strange man. Les Savy Fav shows frequently devolve into Tim doing the most bizarre and weird "performance art", usually involving the crowd in some way. A few years ago on their appearance on Conan, Tim performed shirtless with an Eagle hat on his head. Anyway, that guy's writing a children's book... yeah. Usually these paragraphs are made up and full of my biting wit, but there's absolutely no way I can improve on the truth. Below I've embedded a video of Tim kissing an unexpecting man at his show and proceeding to dry-hump him.

What's Everyone Listening To?

Alexander Borg (@HelloAlexxander): This week I had my mind blown by the R & B flavored synth pop of Haim's Forever EP, the plainspoken wisdom of Silver Jews' American Water, and the minimalist greatness of Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians.

Austin K (@AustinKirley): Austin has taken up the task of making him self competent on various extreme metal musics. Bands include: Terrorizer, Entombed, and Master.

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr): I've been digging on that new Perfume Genius album, which got me in the mood to return to Sufjan Stevens' Illinois for the first time in about two and a half years. I also have been gaining some more appreciation for Deerhunter.

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey): I've been coming up with interesting new ways to forget Alexander when publishing wrub posts. I've also been listening to so much Mind Spiders that I'm thinking about doing a *gasp* review. 

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis): This week I've revisited A Sleep & A Forgetting and I've realized that I love it a lot more than I originally thought. I've also been getting my goth dance party on with Trust, and my regular dance party on with some Bocce.

Steve Jones (@vestenet): I've been listening to Julia Holter a lot.  Why aren't you?  Everything else is comparatively unimportant.

TJ Duane (@DallasShalDune): The old Shins albums have been dominating my week in preparation for the new one. Jack White's performance on SNL was fantastic. Still listening to "DoYaThing" a ton. That track has lasting power unlike a lot of 2012 music thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment