Tuesday, March 27, 2012

WRUB #16: Billy Corgan is a Douche Edition


Billy Corgan has announced his plans to further tarnish his legacy beyond the smoking husk that exists today by releasing a new Smashing Pumpkins album called Oceania. This new release is technically a part of Smashing Pumpkins' mythical (re: bullshit) 8th album Teargarden by Kaleidyscope. For those of you playing our home version this means that their 9th album is also part of their 8th album and that their inevitable 10th and 11th albums will likely also be a part of their 8th album. Am I the only one that hates everything about Billy Corgan at this point? fuck.

What's everyone listening to?

Alexander Borg (@HelloAlexxander): This week I listened to three very different takes on pop music.  The found sound-incorporating art pop of The Books' The Way Out delighted my ears as did the flamboyant storytelling found on of Montreal's The Gay Parade and the noisy C86 of The Pastels' Sittin' Pretty.

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr): I got back into a hip hop mood this week, specifically with classics like MF DOOM's Operation: Doomsday, The Roots' Things Fall Apart, and A Tribe Called Quest's The Low End Theory. I also gained a newfound appreciation for Joy Division, a band by which I've generally been underwhelmed in the past.

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey): I'm still on an ongoing Music Tapes bender and wondering what Julian Koster is like in real life. I'm pretty sure that the guy can fly and perform miracles at this point. I think more musicians should wholeheartedly believe in Santa Claus.

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis): This week the most notable thing I've listened to is the new Odd Future tape, which I didn't think too much of. I also saw Rich Aucoin live this past week; if you like crazy, all out dance parties and having fun you owe it to yourself to see this guy.

Steve Jones (@vestenet): Not a whole lot of new music for me lately, but plenty of female artists.  I unknowingly celebrated Bach's birthday with a bit of Wendy Carlos, and I am at the moment loving how Michiru Oshima really knows her way around an orchestra.  Brigitte Fontaine, Salyu, and Julia Holter also remain in rotation.

TTK (@TelepathicKid): I've been listening to one and one album only; Pond with their psych rock jam record Beard, Wives, Denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment