Monday, April 2, 2012

TRACK: Mount Eerie - "To the Ground"

MountEerieTotheGround

I posted just over a week ago about the two new albums that former Microphones frontman Phil Elverum is releasing this year under his Mount Eerie project, but as if that isn't enough, the prolific songwriter has also announced a new 7" that will precede the two LPs. Entitled "To the Ground," the single features appearances from Nicholas Krgovich of No Kids, Gigi, and P:ano. In addition to the title track, which you can hear below, the 7" will also feature another song titled "The Mouth of Sky (M.I.D.I. Strings)."

I must say that I'm absolutely loving the way this track comes together. Elverum brings a characteristically strong melody to the table, which truly shines with the support of what I assume are Krgovich's background vocals. The instrumentation also plays its role effectively, combining a blend of electronic and acoustic percussion for a particularly interesting rhythmic backdrop. It's a very nice glimpse into what I think will potentially be two more solid albums from one of modern music's most consistent songwriters.

Look for the 7" on April 10 via Atelier Ciseaux, and make sure to grab one before its 300 copies run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment