Tuesday, April 3, 2012

WRUB #17: Pigs R00L Edition


We're all really excited about today's release of BBNG2, but YPOIW cannot and WILL NOT stand idle while evil pigs take over the world. They may look like adorable animals, but please take caution when encountering any pig because it has an insatiable bloodlust and a complete disregard for it's own safety. YPOIW recommends copious amounts of bacon consumption to help thwart any type of evil pig takeover.

What's everyone listening to?

Alexander Borg (@HelloAlexxander): This week I re-listened to my favorite albums of 2012 so far. I also watched a couple Woody Allen films. They were very enjoyable. I'm very tired writing this.

Austin K. (@AustinKirley): I have listened to no music. But I have been playing Half Life and Oblivion and rewatching a few seasons of The Larry Sanders Show. They're all pretty great.

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr): I was without a working pair of headphones for the first half of the week, which held my music consumption back considerably. I did, however, manage to go on a bit of a 60s girl pop kick, ranging from American girl groups like The Ronettes and The Shangri-Las to French singers like France Gall and Françoise Hardy.

Josh Custodio (@_allmyfriends): This week was outstanding. The weather was beautiful, The Men's' Open Your Heart was blaring, and the BBQ was on. Hey now.

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey): I put seasons 3-7 of The Simpsons into a folder and have them running with a random sorting and the volume turned down in VLC. I like having a 24 hour personal Simpsons channel, but it's not doing good things for my productivity.

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis): This week I saw Colin Stetson live, the dude is an amazing freak of nature!

Steve Jones (@vestenet): Mostly, I've been revisiting Nobuo Uematsu's soundtrack for Final Fantasy VII, which is yet another fantastic album that came out in 1997. Authentic chiptunes from Dong and smoothness from THEESatisfaction also have proven satisfying.

TJ Duane (@DallasShalDune): I've been bumping Animal Collective because I'm in need of something weird and psychedelic, but still melodically strong. For April Fools, I made a "Top 40" mix for a friend that was comprised of entirely AnCo songs. They were confused, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment