Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WRUB #20: Froggy Baby Edition


This week, some new footage of Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love playing a previously unheard song entitled "Stinking of You" surfaced onto the Internet. At one point, he holds up Frances Bean in the mirror and says "LOOK AT THE FROGGY BABY, OHWOAHOH" and it's completely adorable. Frances Bean is now 19 and I'm sure she's completely embarrassed by this video going viral, but whatever.

Austin K (@AustinKirley): I'm listening to Death Grips. Leave me alone.

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr): In addition to more Death Grips (obviously), I went on a bit of a post-punk kick, specifically with stuff like New Order's early highlights and The Feelies' first album. I also listened to Negativland's Escape From Noise in full for the first time, which was a disorienting but pleasurable experience.

Jack Hayter (@gonnahayt): Apart from Death Grips, I listened to the debut album from Kindness and I've grown addicted to Jai Paul's track "Jasmine."

Josh Custodio (@_allmyfriends): My week was controversial. I was beefing with people left and right. It made me wanna listen to old punk music. I did that.

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey): Yep, the only fucking thing I listened to was The Money Store... your move, other bands.

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis): Just like last week I've been listening to more Death Grips. I've also been listening to the debut album from Zammuto; that thing is so damn fun-sounding!

Steve Jones (@vestenet): I started this past week with a fucking invigorating show by Screaming Females.  The Money Store also continues to be fucking invigorating.  But the dulcet tones of the new Starry Starry Night soundtrack from World's End Girlfriend keep things in balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment