Saturday, May 12, 2012

WEEK IN REVIEW: 5/6 - 5/12



1. Big K.R.I.T. was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this week promoting his debut album Live From The Underground due June 5th on Def Jam. What followed was a high energy performance of  lead single "I Got This" with the Roots. I don't know about all of you, but there's something about the use of a tuba in hip-hop that brings about a huge smile on my face.



2. Remember that awful Guided By Voices reunion album that came out earlier this year? well they're doing it again! "Class Clown Spots a UFO" is the title track from their 2nd of 3 new LPs to be released in 2012. I'm pretty impressed with this song to be honest, but we all know how that turned out last time. I'm cautiously optimistic that this album may be worth it, with a huge fucking emphasis on cautiously. This track is a re-worked demo from the 90s, so maybe Bob Pollard should focus on cleaning out the vaults and re-recording his great songs instead of creating something new. All I know is that above all else: I want this album to be great.



3. Fang Island have announced their sophomore LP entitled Major is coming out in July, yay!



4. NBC has mercifully decided to renew both Community and Parks & Recreation. There's rumors that NBC is looking to completely re-invent their comedy line up and everything is getting truncated final seasons, but just knowing that a bunch of great shows are coming back is good enough for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment