Tuesday, May 15, 2012

WRUB #22: Centipede Edition


Popular rave/dance crew Animal Collective have announced that their forthcoming album is called Centipede Hurts and is due in September. It's a concept album that concerns a young Panda Bear's addiction to Centipede. Pitchfork Media responded to the news by immediately awarding the album a 10.

What's everyone listening to this week?

Alexxander Borg (@HelloAlexxander): While I am capable of studying while listening to music lyrics, I spent my week listening to instrumental music while preparing for finals (#mylifesucksrightnow).  Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Boards of Canada, and Steve Reich, I have you to thank.

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr): With the sun in full force, I found it to be a good time to return to Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion, Panda Bear's Person Pitch, and Neon Indian's Psychic Chasms. I'm also really enjoying Zammuto's self-titled album, as well as Lone's new LP.

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey): I've been listening to the debut album from the Tins entitled Life's A Gas and decided that it's really great. You should all buy it when it comes out. Otherwise, I bought the Xbox 360 version of Minecraft and I've been playing that like it's my job.

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis): The only thing that has mattered to me this week is that I've listened to Pinkerton by Weezer. I'm ashamed to say that it took me this long to get to it, but I've basically had it on repeat, and I don't see myself getting tired of it any time soon.

Steve Jones (@vestenet): Cory Johnson just made one of the best Zelda tributes and if you are not listening to it I hate you.  Otherwise, Depeche Mode and early of Montreal have been fun to like all over again.





No comments:

Post a Comment