Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WRUB #21: Kevin Shields is a Sadistic Troll Edition


Kevin Shields has hinted that new material from My Bloody Valentine would be released for 5 years. In 2007 he said that the album he started in 1996 was 3/4 finished, but using something like math, you can figure out that said album should have come out sometime in 2010 at that rate of production. The reason it hasn't of course is because it doesn't exist and Kevin Shields has used his 40s to troll the internet. His recent announcement is nothing more than an elaborate hoax similar to the Mr. Bean death rumors that spread around Twitter in February. KEVIN SHIELDS Y U SO MEAN?

what's everyone listening to?

Alexander Borg (@helloalexxander): Coinciding with my reading of Our Band Could Be Your Life (a fantastic document of 80s indie rock) I revisited The Replacement's magnum opus Let It Be.  In addition, I've been spinning Tigercat's Isle of Dogs religiously. The record comes with a bag of tea and a recipe for cupcakes with peanut butter icing that I expect to make this weekend.

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr): I had a lot of schoolwork to get done this week, so I opted with a lot of ambient music, including William Basinski's Disintegration Loops, Biosphere's Substrata, and The KLF's Chill Out.

Josh Custodio (@_allmyfriends): Revisited Food and Liquor by Lupe Fiasco this week. It totally holds up.

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey): I've recently come to the shocking revelation that I have listened to The Money Store 31 times so far and that it's my most played album on LastFM. I've also been listening to the new Rentals stuff that I've been ignoring for the last 3 years and I've decided it's actually pretty good... shame on me.

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis): I've been catching up on some older stuff I missed in the past few years and I've found out that Beach House's Teen Dream is absolutely fantastic! I've also been in love with the new Patrick Watson album Adventures In Your Own Backyard; that album is so hauntingly beautiful.

Steve Jones (@vestenet): I'm loving the early '80s art pop of Hajime Tachibana. Revisiting Cleaners from Venus and Mutyumu has also proven really rewarding, albeit in very distinct ways.

TTK (@TelepathicKid): Squarepusher's Ufabulum, Lone's Galaxy Garden, and ... wait for it... Creedence Clearwater Revival. Yes. I'm serious.

1 comment: