Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WRUB #23: Psychic Pig Edition


A (dirty as fuck) Pig (swine) in the Ukraine (hell) has the unique ability to predict the scores of Football (Soccer) matches. YPOIW has attempted to contact the pig in an attempt to post our year end 2012 features in July but our attempts have been met with only righteous indignance and a blank stare. Once again we here at YPOIW condemn the actions of pigs everywhere and recommend eating copious amounts of bacon. We will not stop fighting our evil Pig overlords until every chop has been consumed.

What does this have to do with music you ask? FUCKING NOTHING I'M LOSING MY MIND AND PIGS ARE ASSHOLES.

Alexander Borg (@HelloAlexxander): Seeing as how they're indie music's modern analogue to the Beatles, I listened to Animal Collective's back catalog this weekend so I can savagely abuse Centipede Hz if I don't like it or heap hyperbolic amounts of praise on it if I do like it. In other words: LION IN A COMA! LION IN A COMA!

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr): I had to set aside a lot of my music listening time for Clark's Body Riddle in order to complete the review I wrote for it, but otherwise, my week was defined mostly by Cocteau Twins' angelic Treasure and Stereolab's brilliant Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements.

Jack Hayter (@gonnahayt): My favorites from the past week have all been 2012 releases courtesy of Kindness, El-P and John Talabot

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey): I've been listening to a bunch of new (to me) podcasts including About Last Night with Brad Williams, The Crab Feast, TalkS HIT and 5 Decisions Away with Matt Paxton. I'm completely out of spare time at this point but podcasts>music.

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis): This week I've still been listening to a bunch of Weezer, I also listened to Beach House's Bloom which I thought was a really solid release. Besides those two I listened to some ever dependable Jay Reatard.

Steve Jones (@vestenet): Mostly Nine Inch Nails and Cocteau Twins for me. It's been a weird week.


No comments:

Post a Comment