Wednesday, June 20, 2012

TRACK: Purity Ring - "Fineshrine"


I've already said many times that my most anticipated album for the rest of 2012 is the debut effort from Purity Ring. With the release of their newest track "Fineshrine" from their upcoming album Shrines, I just got even more excited than I already was.

Purity Ring have really developed a unique sound for themselves. All of their songs to date have had a distinct sound with skittery percussion combined with an incredibly choppy feel, along with floaty voice of Megan James. I'm honestly amazed at how incredibly consistent this band has been with all of their releases. Even though they've only released a handful of songs, I don't think they're showing any signs of slowing down at all.

Shrines is available on July 24, 2012 via Lang Gang/4AD. Have a listen to "Fineshrine" down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment