Monday, January 16, 2012

WRUB #6 - WRUBCHELLA Edition


Coachella added a 2nd weekend to their 2012 edition of the festival in the hopes that  more people could see their favorite artists from half a mile away. The plan largely backfired as both weekends sold out in 3 hours. Realizing more profit could be made organizers scrambled to add as many additional weekends as needed and now Coachella 2012 is lasting a full 52 weeks. One promoter said "This is so exciting for us, Coachella only comes one time a year".

What Are You Bumpin?

Austin K (@AustinKirley) - Austin's week has been all about early electronic music, preferably of the pre-70s variety. There's way more to choose from than you might think, with Terry Riley, Morton Subotnik, and Douglas Leedy on heavy rotation.

Danny Spiteri (@dannyspiterijr) - My listening diet for the week included The Avalanches' sample-based masterpiece Since I Left You, Cornelius's extremely diverse Fantasma, and Destroyer's recent highlight Kaputt.

Jack Hayter (@gonnahayt) - This week I revisted the superb De La Soul album Stakes is High and got my first taste of Wilco with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

Josh Custodio (@_allmyfriends) - This week was spent debating Radiohead, Coachella and life.

Kyle Shoemaker (@_Shoey) - This week consisted of getting my face melted off by the likes of Ceremony, Refused, and Liturgy. I've also been trying (and failing) to comprehend the new of Montreal album Paralytic Stalks. Also, a metric fuckton of Skyrim.. I killed so many Cave Bears and Bandits, man.

Mark Gillis (@Mark__Gillis) - This week I've been listening to a ton of Elliott BROOD since I went to go seem them, and it was awesome. Besides that I've really been digging Youth Lagoon, and I've been patiently waiting for some of my anticipated 2012 albums to come out (leak).

Steve Jones (@vestenet) - I am addicted to Field Music's Plumb and of Montreal's Paralytic Stalks. 2012 is turning out to be an excellent year for music and albums that begin with "P."

TJ Duane (@dallasshaldune) - I'm getting psyched for my first Radiohead show, so I'm re-sifting through their albums in album marathons. I sprinkle each album into my playlists every week for a week. Last week I spun The Bends 10 times. I'm listening to OK Computer this week. When I listen to them all--post, Pablo, of course--I'll start back over at The Bends.

TTK (@Telepathickid) - Lately music hasn't been my main thing to bump this week. It's been episodes of The Simpsons, with the 500th episode coming up I thought I'd better do something in celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment